Davenport Machine, Inc. Tool Company was founded in 1894 by Mr. William Simeon Davenport in New Bedford, Mass. Initially producing clock pinion turning machines, the company progressed into the manufacture of intricate multiple spindle automatic bar machines. Mr. Davenport filed Davenport Machine as a corporation in 1919. As the business grew, the company began searching for a more central geographic location between the strong Midwestern and New England markets of the time. Later that year, the company established its new headquarters at its present location in Rochester, New York.
Last updated on 19-12-2006.